THINGS TO CONSIDER SHOULD YOU ENCOUNTER AN ACCIDENT:
According to Allstate, below are things to consider should you find yourself in a car accident:
1. Check yourself for injuriesIf you’re injured, call an ambulance or ask someone else to do so. If you’re seriously injured, try not to move, and wait for emergency personnel.
2. Check on the well-being of your passengersIf you’re not too hurt to move, check on the other passengers in your car. If anyone’s injured, get on the phone with emergency services or ask a bystander to call for help.
3. Get to safety. If you’re able to, move to the side of the road or a sidewalk. If your car is safe to drive and is causing a hazard where it is, pull it to the side of the road. Otherwise, leave it where it is and get yourself to safety.
There are other points including:
– Exchanging information for insurance purposes
– Documenting the accident and;
– Contacting your insurer
For RAF X-rays remember to visit your nearest SK Radiology for assistance.